Sunday, February 19, 2012

Essay Proposal


For my essay I’m planning on doing question #4 which explores gender roles in both “Gamer” and “The Surrogates”. While writing this essay not only do I want to explore the gender roles these two bring in there story line. But I also want to explore why people choose to play an avatar in the opposite sex, I’ll start off with ‘Gamer’ and ‘the surrogates’. Although I want to go further and do research on what other people feel about the subject and maybe find explanation to why people play with an avatar that’s there opposite sex.

4 comments:

  1. I like this idea. It would be interesting to see why people switch their online genders. Is it for power? Sex? The Surrogates took it to a different level with Victor/Victoria. Maybe they are trying to say women in power need to appear more masculine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice! I think it would be very interesting to find out why people choose to be "someone else" on the internet. I can't wait to hear how people react to the question and state their opinions on this controversial topic.

    ReplyDelete